I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 17, 1706. I was the fifteenth man of a total of seventeen siblings. My training was limited to basic studies in the South Grammar School, and only up to ten years and my twelve years began working as an apprentice in the printing of his brother, James Franklin. For this indication, writes his only two poems, "The tragedy of the lighthouse" and "Song of a sailor when he captured the famous Teach, also known as Blackbeard the pirate." When he was 15, my brother founded the New England Courant , considered the first truly independent newspaper in the colonies británicas.escribi my early works under the pseudonym Silence Dogood (intrusive silent). He wrote my first newspaper articles, critical tone with the authorities of the time.
In 1730 I married Deborah Read, with whom tube three sons, William (1731), Francis (1733) and Sarah (1743). Also published Poor Richard's Almanack (1733 - 1757) and was in charge of issuing paper currency in the British colonies in America (1727).
In 1731 participates in the founding of the first public library in Philadelphia, and later that year joined the Union Fire melts masonería.y Company, the first fire department in Philadelphia. Also participating in the founding of the University of Pennsylvania (1749) and the first hospital in the city.
and my political activity was clearly influenced by contemporary scientists such as Isaac Newton, and Joseph Addison in 1747 and I devoted to the study of electrical phenomena. and so adopt the principle of conservation of my studies electricidad.y born my most outstanding scientific work, experiments and observations on electricity. and in 1752 performed in filaldelfia my famous kite experiment
but something very important to be mentioned that I was: Businessman, Writer, Publisher, Scientist, Diplomat, Legislator, and Social activist, was one of the earliest and strongest advocates for the abolition of Slavery, and for the protection of the rights of American aboriginal peoples. I died on the 17th of April in 1790. On that day I was still one of the most celebrated characters in America.
miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2009
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
.jpg)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario